-
February 28th, 2002, 03:04 AM
#1
jameyer4121
Guest
I posted a similar question a couple days ago but evidently no one really knows-the answers were more confusing than anything else.
I asked about buying K 40 from European suppliers-I want to know if the processing is included. Usually, on European Super 8 supplier's websites the processing is included. But the European prices of K 40 are half what they are here. Why is processing included in the price over there and not here in the US? Why is Kodachrome 40 twice as expensive in the US? And why doesn't everyone just order from Europe if it is? Can people in the US buy from overseas and benefit from the included processing and literally HALVED costs? Or is there a catch-does the film in Europe come with prepaid processing envelopes or what? Can I then buy Super 8 film from a supplier in England or somewhere and use the prepaid envelope in the US, or would I have to send it to be processed in Europe?
I know there's something I'm not getting here.
Anybody?
------------------
-
February 28th, 2002, 07:35 AM
#2
#Pedro
Guest
You can use this service, but Kodak will not deliver for free to overseas. You need a contact person in Europe.
BTW, the delivery of K40 now is stopped by Kodak, due to the ongoing registration problems with the cardriges. All the cardriges are manufactured and loaded in France, also those for the USA. We all will have to wait what is comming up now.
Pedro
------------------
-
February 28th, 2002, 10:59 AM
#3
eightmmovies
Guest
We always assume that film and the like is cheaper in the states. Books for instance are often the same in GBP as in USD which makes it worthwhile to sometimes pay the extra postage to amazon.com rather than amazon.co.uk
At present over the counter Kodachrome is about 12 GBP or 18USD. By bulk buying it is possible to get this down to 7 GBP or about 11 USD. Processing is included and is posted directly from Switzerland, well the one I did a couple of weeks ago was.
It might be worth a try buying it in Europe and posting it off in the US to an appropriate address on the label with a US return address. I doubt if the bulk postage rates Kodak pay from Switzerland are much difference wherever the mail goes. You could always claim you had be on holiday in Europe.
I once bought a Fuji Single 8 in the UK, posted it off to Germany from Oman and it came back processed OK.
http://www.photomart.co.uk/
this is the place offering the best bulk deals. As an out of Europe buyer you will not have to pay the VAT sales tax, which will probably pay for the extra postage for a US delivery.
Hope this is of some help.
------------------
keep the shutter going and check out MZ and Railways at http://www.siltec.co.uk
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks